[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What we want in movement

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>, "GSD list" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:11:06 -0600

OK, I've done horses as well as dogs and I know that pacing, loping,
trotting etc. are ALL -- gaiting movements -- OK get that spelling too.
I also know that the Sieger Show is quite long and what you would be
privileged to see is just a small part of it and, of course, the better dogs
as the eliminations are done.    I have always loved the "doubling" done
for some of the showing parts in Germany with the folks actually right
in plain sight along with the dog & handler etc. -- At least when I was
IN, it was neat and to have the big time complaints here in USA about
doubling.  Some of our too smart GSDs just get bored with the easy
to do conformation stuff and need some encouragement from their
people.  OK, I'll lurk again a bit.     Norma no L