[ SHOWGSD-L ] What we want in movement

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 20:00:25 EST

What do we want when it comes to movement?  Please add on.

To me, its a combination of things.

First, a dog that is confident and well conditioned. With correct structure
 and well built, this dog can move at any speed.  Every dog has a
"perfect" speed, that is perfect for that dog.  Find it!

A handler that is invisible.  They are not supporting (or dragging)  the
dog.

A clear period of suspension.  A solid topline.  Strong  drive.  Correct
extension.

No dragging, not moving out of the elbows, no cowhocks.

What I keep hearing?   He/She likes to go fast (?)  He/She  moves better
with tension on the lead (?)
He/She goes all crazy on a loose lead (?)   My favorite  one:  "He/she
doesn't listen!!"....LOL

Word of advice; if the judge says:  "Nice, easy and lose"  you  may want to
pay attention.

I'd love to hear the judges say:  "Slow down folks, we got all day".  <G>

Ileana