[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What we try to do

  • From: "Rbuffdogs ." <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ELG440@xxxxxxx" <ELG440@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 10:15:28 -0700

Hi Guys,
  I have thought about this a bit, and I feel that I need to say something
here.   Epilepsy, is a very difficult diagnoses.
Epilepsy, can be caused by a LOT of things, over vaccination,
hypothyroidism, ingestion of algae (blue/gree) from standing
water, injury, and illness.   We know only too well about the last one as
we lost a beloved young dog many years ago who
developed a brain abscess, after contracting a severe case of Canine
Influeza (which is actually more like a distemper)  Live and learn.
  I don't have a problem with someone "venting" when they cannot get
through to a breeder.   Been there, too.   Sometiimes it feels as
it is your last resort.
   However two things bothered me about the post from Steve A.    There is
no determination that this dog's seizures are genetically caused.
There is no evidence that this is now or has been a problem in other
litters, is there?
  Also knowing Evan as I do, I can tell you for a fact, and ABSOLUTE
FACT...that if anyone were unhappy with a purchase made from
them, that they would replace, refund or both .   Evan and I don't always
see eye to eye when it comes to the showring.   We are good with that.
   We can disgree VEHEMENTLY and it is not a problem.
I can tell you, that Evan would ever ignore a puppy owner that was unhappy.
  He is a smart guy, and to
keep people happy as a breeder is not always easy...for anyone.
   Honestly when I read the post that slammed a breeder whom I know for a
FACT would rectify a problem, no question....
it made me a little angry....it made me a little nauseated.    It was
unnecessary and mean spirited.  What about contacting them
privately?  Has an offer for a replacement been made and accepted.  If so,
then this was an exercise in mud slinging, nothing more.
It is also slander, I believe by legal definition......slander an attorney
/breeder/ judge...wow amazing.
  I would be interested to know if the vet for this dog has an absolute on
the cause of the seizures?  I would be interested in
seeing vaccination records and dates.  I would be interested in know what
kind of food this dog eats, and to what it may have
been exposed..at any time?    I would be sure before I posted that there
were others with the problem in the litter.  I would be
damn sure not to sully a breeder when they have made offers to rectify the
problem, as soon as they can.

Needless, ugly....and by the very tone of the post,  I would automatically
disregard it as just plain meanness.

Kathy...going back to Facebook now, LOL

*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
*Updated: March 2013*
*CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
**CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*RBIF Monarch's Tarragon v Kaleef*
*
*
*"Victory...*Vires et honestas"