[ SHOWGSD-L ] What we try to do

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 11:14:41 -0400 (EDT)

A great new thread has begun with a terrible problem

We do need to think carefully abut what problems can come from our
breeding. We all try so hard to avoid genetic problems and every day we find
new
tools.  After a few years we learn that no matter how hard you try, there
are things that come up and there is no way to avoid every problem.

We try to breed away from problems in our breed, but we can't destroy the
genes, we just mask them and bury them as long as possible.

I was sorry to see Champion Asgard's Icon used as a target. He is a
fantastic dog, and I have had a chance to see him win Best of Breed time and
time
again in 8 or 9 Specials classes.  But, I suppose when a dog becomes  well
known, then he will have to stand for the criticisms.

All we who show can do is to strive to show the best we can. For  those of
us who breed, all we can do is strive to breed the very best we can.  For
those of us who sell dogs, all we can do is sell the very best, and stand
behind anything we sell.  I will be sending the money back for the dog in
questions on this one,and that is all we can do.

It is a good chance to express the goals we strive for. We never will have
the perfect breeding, the perfect dog, or the perfect situation. But, we
continue to improve and if we live forever, we might get there.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together