[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What we need

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:52:30 -0500

Judges can and do withhold ribbons.  Judges can
also give out ribbons in the classes and withhold
Winners (which is where the points are).
    AKC rules allow a judge to withhold ribbons at any point in the
judging.........even giving WD and WB and then withholding
Breed.........(altho that
sort of takes an Aquarian flash in the mind).......

     The judge can give 1st and withhold other ribbons in the class......or
withhold 1st and give
2nd, 3rd, and 4th.........

        It can be done at any time during the judging.
Many judges are afraid to do it...but there are still judges who do
it......we used to see more of it than we do now.
    peggy