[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What was the influence?

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 16:10:07 -0500

Well, Stormy, the one part of your note that stuck out in my mind as I
read it was something that has bothered me for many years in my many
breedings of many kinds of critters!!!  No matter what the problem, it's
most always blamed on the "stud"!!  One reason I feel for this is that a
male is able to sire more offspring, generally, than a female and that's
why --- I think.   It's not always the case tho, as it does take both of
the parents to cause a certain something in the offspring one way or
another.

We did, in the 70s and/or 80s I think, have some leggy boys.  I'm not
sure that is what you're talking about here as they were neat guys
anyway, overall.   Movement has always been something a bit hard
to be specific about it seems as I've seen so many different ones it's
really a lot of what is so common with people!  One person's trash is
another's treasure and everyone has a different way of looking at stuff.
I may like something but you may think it's yucko and viceversa.  It's
what makes the world go around and remember that variety is the
spice of life and we all enjoy spices as well as the variety.    The thing
I'd been thinking about recently was why do some tails seem to have
a little curl toward the end and, from the ones I've known, it wasn't an
injury that caused it, but I'm not sure it's really a fault as such.  Norma