[ SHOWGSD-L ] What was the influence?

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:20:38 -0700

There was a period in the not too distance past when the Conformation
GSDs walked on their hocks and had spaghetti for rear legs.  This was
easing out just as I was easing in to GSDs.

Was there a particular "popular stud" that started this trend, or was
it a combination of breedings that were winning (how???).  It must
have started from someplace, and breeders were breeding to dogs who
looked like that, or it wouldn't have happened.

I'm just curious.  This is far enough in the past that I think we can
discuss the wherefores and whyfores w/out being negative about anybody.

Stormy