[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What to bring?

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:56:29 EDT

Well, since I am able to go the National now (Yay!), and this is to be my
first, do you guys have any tips on what I should  bring?
- Jackie

**************************

Way to go Jackie!!  Find time to introduce yourself, will ya??

What to bring?  Are you showing your dog?  Then don't forget the
dog.....lol.....a couple of crates if possible, it will make your life so much
easier.
But if you are flying, it can be done with just one crate.

Dog food, food bowl, water bowl/bucket, the pick up baggies, stop and get
some drinking water (it will keep him from getting a belly ache).  And have  a
couple of water bottles for yourself.  Also, get a cushion for your seat,  you
can get one at the sport stores, the ones that Mom's get to sit on to watch
their kids play sports. It takes absolutely no space in your luggage, but it
will save your cheeks.....LOL

Everyone take time to put together a First Aid Kit for dogs and people
alike. You never know when you will need one. That's a MUST have on any  trip.

Lets see.....money, you are going to see a lot of GSD theme  items. Some
vendors are not set up for credit cards, so bring your  check book.

Buy a catalog, put your name and cell number on it (thanks Lee). I have
never lost anything at the national, either by accident or stolen.  I have
found
a bunch of brushes, combs, even dryers. There is an announcement table,  I
just take that stuff there.

What else to bring?  Good walking shoes, you will do a lot of visiting  and
standing.  A few pens (there you go, I lied, I have lost a bunch of  pens), you
will be looking for something to write with when you fall in LOVE  with some
of the dogs.  There is room to take notes on your catalog. And if  you don't
have a pen, Ann Mesdag will be glad to sell you a few.....she can  never sell
just one thing.....hehehe.

A watch, so you can keep track of the time and what you want to see. Are we
having any outside activities?  A small umbrella comes in handy, if its  sunny
or rainy. You can get one for $1 at Wal Mart.

What you use daily with your dog?  Bring that.  What you use  daily for
yourself? Bring that, times how many days you are going to be  there.

Its easier when you drive, because you can bring more stuff with you. Plan
well if you are flying, with all the restrictions now in place.  I am  driving,
so I am bringing my grooming table, dryer, x-pens, etc. and my friends  know
they can all use those. We just take turns. No big deal. Its about being  with
your friends and  having a good time......remember that.

If you have a handler like mine, you have to bring twice as much stuff. He
never has anything......LOL.....

But I think the most important thing to bring is the desire to have a good
time. I have attended many Nationals.  With no exception, I have  always had a
blast.

Take care and see you in St. Louis.

Ileana
Chance favors the prepared  mind