[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What never to feed your dog.....

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:25:01 -0800 (PST)

Grapes and raisins are toxic too.  Dark green veges can cause bad gas.
Chocolate is as addictive to dogs as herion is to humans, so the big dose can
kill, we know that, but the addictive thing I found out the hard way.  Past
dog, friend could not resist, took 2 weeks to clean him out, he had shakes and
other signs of withdrawl.

  He lived after that for some time.  he died for other reasons at 11 1/2.

  That's all I can tell you, but I also tell all my training clients this.  It
matters.
  Sheila
Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  With all the talk about which food we feed our dogs on the List for the
last week, I'd like to ask a question. There are certainly things one
should never feed a dog. Does anyone know what is not good to feed
them, what is dangerous or deadly to feed them. Example: chocolate.
What foods should be avoided (fruits or vegetables that they should
never have)? Thanks, Barbara

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training