[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What kind of person owns a German Shepherd Dog?

  • From: "robert dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:43:02 -0500

I do not know the answer to your question Barb but good gosh I have been
there done that.  A day sitting at you vet's office as a study is just
beyond belief.  Years ago my vet's tech took care of my dogs when I needed
to be gone.  I asked her if what we see in the waiting room tells us about
how the dog lives.  She said what looks nasty at the vet's office is much
worse at home--they see it in the end.
She also told me that only less than 50% of the GSDs they saw were well
taken care of and were usually not owned by folks who should own a GSD.
They had GSD puppies ( and other breeds/mis inc.)with the collar so imbeded
in their necks it was a surgical procedure (anesthesia) to get the collar
off.
I think I got off base but--just my thoughts right now. Sandi