[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What killed the bunny? OT

  • From: Cheryl May <cmdogsports@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:46:04 -0700 (PDT)

Our next door neighbor's dog caught a bunny and ate some of it. Now
he's in the vet hospital fighting for his life.

At this time of year, bunnies carry some really nasty diseases. The one
this guy caught was Tularemia. This is also transmissable to humans.

It's carried by ticks.

If you see sluggish rabbits, it's a sign they are sick. We've had slow
bunnies in our area for quite a while. I keep a sharp eye out for
bunnies.

Don't handle dead bunnies without rubber gloves.

Here's the link to the CDC web site:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/tularemia.htm

- Cheryl May