[ SHOWGSD-L ] re:What is wrong with people? venting and long‏

  • From: Jessica Keene <jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:47:07 -0600

"Another "friend" had a puppy, but after several months decided she was just
too much for her single mom hectic schedule.  So, I end up seeing a "free
doghouse" on facebook.  I wondered, "where's the occupant?"  Well, another one
gone to who knows where."

this, I do not think is so "guilty" as it seems. Think about it, she noticed
she had a problem, she spread herself to thin, she realized she could not
handle being single mom in a "hectic" schedule... it was probably best she
placed the dog anyway. Even after a "few months" because you never know what
might have happened in that time being, for all you know she tried to stick it
out for a few months before she felt it was just not going to work out, maybe
things where fine but other things came up in her life that made it to hard to
deal with everything, obviously she could not get rid of the kids or her
family, or her job, or whatever else was going on beyond her control, in the
end the dog would have been the bottom of the totem pole and rather we like to
admit it or not, he would have turned into the victim in the end due to not
having the time he deserved. As much as some people like to make the owner the
bad guy all the time, it is very possible to see it as a very selfl
 ess deed. Things happen beyond our control and sometimes it means we have to
give something up in order to go on. just my 2 cents on this one part.

  Jessica Keene

http://www.freewebs.com/gsdjunior/

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/