[ SHOWGSD-L ] What is wrong with people? venting and long

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 05:31:54 -0800 (PST)

I am so disappointed this morning.  Three people that I know (not GSD owners)
have just done their faithful four legged friends wrong this past month and it
frustrates me so much.  One guy has a lab/basset cross and a little chihuahua.
Well, he moved 2 weeks ago and his little dog peed on the floor once and has
snapped at him when  he reached into her crate.  Well, this guy is huge..so
imagine what the chihuahua thinks.  I worked with him some and told him to use
treats to encourage her to come out of her crate for happy time so that she
would get over her fears.  I also told him to revert to housebreaking 101 for
her since she is in a new place.  This morning his facebook entry says, "well,
the annoyance is gone......"  Then he posts an entry looking for another dog to
keep his basset/lab mix company!  The guy lives in an apt. and has a pretty
busy schedule plus the apt. does not allow dogs but gave this guy permission.
What are people
 thinking!
Another "friend" had a puppy, but after several months decided she was just too
much for her single mom hectic schedule.  So, I end up seeing a "free doghouse"
on facebook.  I wondered, "where's the occupant?"  Well, another one gone to
who knows where.
I posted a while ago about another friends dog who was hit by a car and killed
because they were too lazy or busy to spend $35 for some Lowe's fencing and
some stakes to finish fencing the rest of their yard to keep their little
terrier from chasing after and terrorizing the neighbors.  Now they want
another dog (or two) for the kids.  What will change?  Nothing I am sure.
Sorry, I am preaching to the choir here.  But I get so disappointed with people
being stupid.  Cynthia