[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What is the GSDCA doing ?????

  • From: "Gail Hardcastle" <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 05:12:36 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <GSDCALegislative@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:48 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] What is the GSDCA doing ?????

> This year was the 100th anniversary of the Doberman Pinscher...and the
> Doberman club (DPCA) did a LOT.
>   When you read down the page you'll find after you click on the link
> below, you will see that our wonderful breed should be involved in some of
> this....and where are we?   Still split into "who sued who, who complained
> about what" etc. --
> worrying about who's going to have a room at the National, will there be
> mold..........and the like.
> Not that those aren't valid concerns...but aren't we supposed to be
> putting the breed first?  Excuse me...but I thought we were!   And where
> was our esteemed AKC Delegate...did he know what the DPCA was doing?  The
> AKC did (as did the Delegate body)........  and while I grant you, this
> was to be a Doberman celebration, were not German Shepherd Dogs war dogs,
> too?
> (and if this is "stirring the you-know-what" then yes, I'm guilty.)
> Peggy

I wanted to respond to this post before leaving for the National.  We like
the you-know-what to be stirred. Carmen absolutely knew what the DPCA was
doing and reported on this at several meetings and to me personally by
phone. He was in attendance at the celebration and represented the GSDCA. We
were invited to send representation but our dogs were not asked to
participate in the ceremony.

The GSDCA will celebrate our own centenial in 2013. We will host the world
trials in conjunction with this celebration. It is hoped that this will be a
2 week long activity with our own National being presented at the same
location as the trials. A committee has been formed and work has begun on
acquiring AKC approval for the event. We have purchased a domain and it will
be developed shortly. Some sponsors have already expressed interest in this
event. It is anticiapated that Jeff, the chief man for the Doberman
celebration, will be working on our committee. He has wonderful ideas, the
experience and public relations know-how to make our event even bigger and
better than the DPCA celebration. Ours will be a world showcase of the
German Shepherd Dog. More details will follow as plans, sites and activities
are chosen.

As a side note...I hope that Evan and Doc Zoe are successful in bringing you
some streaming video.  All work that I had completed in this regard was
stopped by the hurricane and the illness of our Videographer, John Gibbons.
We hope to have streaming video available next year from Ohio and the work
has begun to further that goal.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the National, and the rest of you
hopefully next year.
Regards and safe travels,
Gail