[ SHOWGSD-L ] What if...

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:05:30 -0400

Any AKC registered dog will win BOB at any AKC show - including the National.
GV will also
be awarded to that dog if they are PC member

Since ILP/PAL dogs cannot compete in conformation, this point is mute

However, ILP/PAL can presently compete for our top Performance awards.  Both
Jimmy and I
argued this point in January 2012. Whoever at the AKC reviews the photos, may
not know our
breed standard.  Or in the photos they may appear to be a GSD, but you cannot
know.

Funny story.

Several years back, my friends MASKLESS Akita got away from her handler. We
scoured the
local "Shelters" looking for her. Weeks passed and we kept going back to the
shelters.

Finally we asked to walk through one shelter, and see what was there.  We found
Happy, a solid
red AKITA, and she was listed as a PURebRED GSD.
We learned that most people consider anything large with pricked ears a GSD or
GSD mix.

The people at AKC looking a photos are not 3 judges, but 3 staff members.