[ SHOWGSD-L ] What ever happened to the "show" in showdog?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 20:41:55 EST

In a message dated 11/4/2007 2:49:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx writes:
As you know, When I showed the Ch. Laxfield Hit Man dog on the west coast, he
 was trained to stand and bait ala Mary Robert's style.

I never hand stacked Dragonslayer. He would stand normal outside the  ring,
but as soon as we entered the ring, he would stop in a full stack every  time.
I was very surprised the first few times he did this, and he would walk  right
into it from a slow walk, or a full trot.  He was great fun to show  because
of this, and when he stacked, he felt like iron, as he tensed every  muscle.

Destiny did it some times, but not always. She just moved so well, that all
you did was let her go. Or, at least that is what Jerry seemed to do with her.
 When I took her in for Select, she just kept running, and all I did was keep
up.  That was a long time ago, and I was able to stay with her.  Not so much
today.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together