[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What ever happened to our dog's posternum?

  • From: "sally" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:37:54 -0500

        Has our breed become so fragile that we can't do any of these things
any
more? (go to shows, play in the snow, deal with a little stress)  Are there
people breed
 ing that don't care as long as they get their super star puppy?

I have felt for many years that we do not let our dogs be dogs and therefore
are creating a breed that is self destructing.

Many people are spending more on dog food then what they spent on
themselves, adding all sorts of supplements,
caging the dogs an hour before and hours after eating etc.  We are creating
a world where any little change throws their systems into a  mess. Young
dogs being sent off to live with handlers for months on end.  Traveling the
country weekend after weekend in a cage in a van only getting out to go into
the ring  and relieve them self
.  Pushed to finish at a young age and never seen again

This is supposed to be a slow maturing breed, one that needs to work  and
needs a job and needs their people in their life.

Maybe we are killing them  because we won't let them be dogs.

sally