[ SHOWGSD-L ] What does the membership want?

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:37:35 -0700 (PDT)

....well define membership...is membership a simple majority?...is it a
two-thirds majority...is the membership every single member?...my point is that
we all believe different things about various club related subjects....we
elect  board of directors that we believe will act in the best interest of the
club....you may agree with some decisions and you may not agree with some
decisions.....it appears the board made a decision about what qualifies for the
highest of high award of "AOE".....some will like the decision, some won't...I
don't know what went into the decision process and I was not there to hear any
discussion...I don't know who was contacted before the vote and I don't know
who wasn't...but I do know this........we elected this board, and the board
before this, and the board before that one to make decisions for the WHOLE
MEMBERSHIP...if the board waited to act pending what the "membership" thought (
as if there would ever be a consensus
 anyway) nothing would ever get done.....National location is also important,
but no one asked me before the Lexington vote was casted ( nor should they
have)...relax folks...let the board do their job...and if the "membership" is
not happy....vote for some one else...or better still run yourself!.......just
saw on the news that marriage makes you fatter....three wives later...tell me
something I don't already know!....I'm going to Argentina...hey Penny in
N.Y....lets go together!......FB