[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What do I get?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "TISHW@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:01:44 -0400

I know from past experience that a crate and a harness are great ideas!!!
LOL

Tish

Tish Walker
Fredericksburg, VA
TishW@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/17/2015 11:26:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I had to get something for niece, Karina Sater-Atwell M.D., and send it
to Madison, WI for her baby shower coming up this Sat. Karina and husband
Andy know they’re going to have a girl. She’s due to whelp September 15th.
This will be their first baby. Now for me shopping for a human baby? Get
real! I had NO clue in what to get. I’ve never had children. So I go on
Amazon & see some things I thought would be interesting, etc. Then I’m
thinking,
will I be repeating something someone else will be getting Karina? Well,
that’s the chance I’ll have to take not being very creative at this point.
So I end up going to our infamous Walmart. Now I’m in the baby-section. I
totally feel out of place pretending I know what I’m looking for. I feel
time dragging. I’m so bored. Everything looked foreign to me. I pick up a few
things put them in my cart, then take them out & start all over. Still
pretending I know what I’m doing I finally find myself in the Pet-Center
TWICE.
Now that’s when I know what to look for…;o) I finally make it home with
my human baby treasure gifts. Wrap them in pink wrapping paper. Now Karina’s
card is waiting for me to sign. What do I say? Well, I’m excited for the
two of them. I really mean that. I know they’ll be a great dam and sire. I
write things that seem a bit awkward because it wasn’t about a new puppy,
dog, cat or horse. Do babies like to chew on things? What kind of treats
would they like? Do they need floor training pads? A crate sounds like a
really good idea. I could save Karina & Andy a lot of babysitting money if I
gave them a crate. When can they take their new baby to obedience? A harness
would be a good idea for their baby so they wouldn’t lose track of her. I
guess I’ll stop here because I actually have no clue about human babies. I
hope Karina and Andy do because I’ll be no help to them!...;o) Kathy Partch
www.JoKaySedona.com