[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What did you do!!!

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: SARAVAGSD@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:17:13 EST

Several years back when Duane Sibley was just starting out, in fact it was
his first AB show, there was an evening specialty show which Walter Falk
was  judging.  This was in Biloxi...maybe 6-7 years ago.  Bart, Mike and
Jimmy were there so I thought it might be a bit intimidating the ring for
Duane.
He was showing my sable bitch Cinder who knew what she was doing, but was
very kind to Duane and always let him be "the man"...she loved him so.
Anyway, Walter examined her, sent her down and back and Duane was just
great.  Then when he started to take off on his go around, Walter said
(wanting loose lead) "now drop the lead" so Duane just let go of it and he and
Cin
went smoothly beside each other around the ring with the lead coming from
behind!    You should have saw Walters face!     (both Mike and Bart's dogs
had raced around the ring)   Walter turned  to both of them and said "now,
that's how I wanted this done..you could learn  from this boy".  The crowd
roared!

But that's not the best of the same show.  Duane had asked me the  first
day if the man on the REVIEW cover was the man he saw a few setups over
grooming a GSD.  I had said yes....it had been Bart's picture with  Godiva.  He
asked to go speak to him and of course, said definitely knowing  how great
Bart is with juniors.  So Duane went over and introduced himself  to Bart and
told Bart not in a smart manner at all that he had a goal to beat  him in
the ring.

The next day in a very large open bitch class at the AB show (think there
were 10 or 11) Jimmy came in 2nd, Duane 3rd and Bart was 4th.  Bart made
mention in the ring that he was not going to cut Duane any more slack since he
 had beaten him in the class.  Jimmy heard this exchange and started to
chuckle...Duane turned to him and politely said "don't laugh sir, you're
next".  That almost had everyone who heard him on the floor  laughing....even
the judge.   I think it was Lenore Riddle if I am not  mistaken.
 What a fun time it was and I still was so pleased at how well Duane
handled "the big guys".

As a side note, he is out there frequently at shows and a good deal of the
time, taking the points and showing his stuff.  He makes me proud to have
been part of his start.

Molly
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life member CKC.

In a message dated 11/27/2010 7:49:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,
SARAVAGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
I am  enjoying these "judging" stories so much; it brings a ray of sunshine

to sometimes gloomy days....thank you every one for sharing....would love
to  hear more "funny" judging stories

Pat   Lukos