[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What are your comments on this?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "TISHW@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:00:04 -0400

This reminds me of an incident when we lived in VA before. The neighbors
had a GSD and one day he was standing in their driveway and there was a
little white dog (probably a Bichon or something on that order) and it was
barking furiously at the GSD. Suddenly it turned around and ran up the street
just as fast as its little legs could carry it. The GSD didn't do
anything.

Tish

Tish Walker
Fredericksburg, VA
TishW@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/19/2015 11:18:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

for me personally, GIVEN EQUAL GROUNDS, I do not see barking dogs as
powerful dogs. It is bravado without much power behind it, fear. Unequal
grounds is something different.
Lissa

In a message dated 7/19/2015 7:10:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
stormy435@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I appreciate that Lissa understood what I was trying to ask. I thought it
was interesting that this article picked up on the natural tendency of
herding dogs… almost all herding breeds (working breeds?) to remain ‘on guard,”
aloof, and maintain their boundaries. What I don’t like to see is the
voracious barking a herding dog does when somebody walks by, just walks by.
That doesn’t fit my personal definition of “on guard, aloof or maintaining
boundaries.”

Dog Parks are there for those who use them.

Storm