[ SHOWGSD-L ] What are we looking for...?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Terry Cochran" <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:57:53 -0700

I like both of these responses.   Often a dog with 'ring presence'  just grabs
you.
In general I agree with Mike that we need correct under drive.....more correct
flex and power of the rear
getting up under and propeling the dog forward .....and follow through.
Often that is being hidden by sheer speed and a dog held up by the handler.
We also look for correct coupling.......love a good back and middle piece.
Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com
  From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  1. Fore Assemblies
  2. Correct Under Drive and Follow-Thru
  3. Head Pieces

  From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Maybe rather than name specific dogs.........how about we talk about what er
would LIKE to see at
  the National. What we are hoping to see improvement in. What we think "The
Breed Needs"......<G>

  ----- Original Message -----From: Terry Cochran To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To talk about the dogs we want to see at the national ?? Dogs that we think
are select material?

  Terry