[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What are we, chopped liver?

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <elg440@xxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:53:56 +0000

Thoughts:  As a Herding Group Judge, I receive (approx. every 3 months)
publications
from the Bouvier, Briard, Australian Shepherd, Australian Cattle Dog
Newsletter....and multiple
on-line newsletters.  I also receive publications from the Doberman and Boxer
National Clubs.
The GSDCA does NOT send to the Review to ALL judges who judge German Shepherds.
If a GSD owner/ exhibitor wants those judges to be aware of the wonderful
accomplishments
of their Top Winning Special, The Canine Chronicle and other similar magazines
are their only
recourse.

NOW, if the GSDCA were to put togeather, every 3 months or so, a
newsletter/newspaper formated
publication that could be bulk mailed to ALL GSD judges, maybe the incentive to
advertize would increase.
Ads placed in the monthly Review would cost the same...to be included in a
quarterly newsletter, there
would be an slight increase in charge.  I suggested the newspaper format as I
think it might be cheaper...
Reviews tend to be collectable and need better materials.....quarterly
newsletters would /could be
recycled.

Bigger audience and more "bang for your buck".

Kay

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com