[ SHOWGSD-L ] What about the clubs????

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:11:44 EDT

I have read much of what is being said about the "poor exhibitor" possibly
being out a an entry fee because of the judge change at the South Pacific
Futurity.  And this does affect me, because I have three dogs entered  there.
HOWEVER:
It is about time someone considered the club.  They agreed to do this
futurity.  They published the names of all their choices.     They had no
control
over Bart's Illness.  They had no control that Rita  opped out.
Karen Wagner WAS on their judging panel for the weekend.  Probably  most
people going there intended to show to her anyway.
If a mass of exhibitors could pull their entry and get refunds - it would
probably bankrupt the club.  They will still have to put on the futurity  and
have the same amount of expenses.  Don't most of you people belong to  local
clubs???  (If not why not, but that is another subject)  Would  you want this
happen to your club.???

And think about how many people don't show up to futurities.  at least  50%.
Those people would have an excuse to get their money back, maybe just
because their pup has pano or has gone butt high.  Is that fair to the  local
club.??

CLUBS ARE STRUGGLING!!!  Since I happen to like to go to dog shows - I  would
like to see more support for the local clubs.

Carol Moore