[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What a way to end the year!!! PLEASE READ

  • From: MissJrHandlerGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx, GStiefferm@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:57:36 EST

Congratulations to all of you!

Maybe one of our Juniors  could explain a little about how the point system
works?  It would  really help everyone understand just how big of an
accomplishment it  is.  I am just starting to get a feel for how it works, so
I am not the
best person to explain it.

Ok this is how the point schedule works for jr. You get a point for  every
junior you beat in your class that is present. Lets say there is 20  juniors
and
you place second so you get 18 points. You don't count yourself or  obviously
the person who beat you. If you get Best Junior Handler you  get points from
each class so lets say there was 1 Novice jr, 1 Novice  Intermediate, 1 Novice
senior, 2 open jr,5 open intermediates,  and 5 open seniors. there would be a
total of 15 juniors and the  junior who gets best junior receives 14 points
and doesn't receive any points  for getting first in their class. Then theres
another point schedule  that's toward westminster qualifiers and Eukanuba.
Every time you place first  you get one point toward Eukanuba/Westminster. Both
shows begin adding point at  different time in the year like Eukanuba starts in
October I believe and  Westminster starts in December. The points are all
erased at the end of the year  and you start over fresh... but the first
placements in December for Westminster  and Eukanuba carry over into the new
year. The
Novices do not get any  points toward westminster or Eukanuba, they just need
there three, first  placements (with comp) to novice out. Even if they get a
Best junior the point  will not count unless they novice out that same day, but
do not  receive a point toward westminster or Eukanuba for getting Best
Junior Handler  out of the novice class. I think I covered everything lol.

Melissa  Chavez
GsD & CwC