[ SHOWGSD-L ] What a newbie to the breed can do.

  • From: "colerbe@xxxxxxxxx" <colerbe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

A few years back I sold a puppy to a pet home, and became friends with the
family.  After helping them with obedience and telling them not to listen to
what everyone tells them they should or shouldn't do when training a dog, but
to trust their instincts and have fun they are now half way to attaining their
UDX.  Barb and Apollo are a great team, but at the end of the day Apollo is
their family pet.  Below is the link she sent me of their u-tube video taken at
the show where she got her High in Trial for anyone who wants to see someone
having fun in the obedience ring w/their gsd.  On another note, from the same
litter a great guy by the name of Ron Semanski and his boy Sabre got their TDIA
(you need to do 100 visits to get the TDIA certificate) for visiting nursing
homes and a veteran's Hospital in Pennsylvania--Ron actually apologized to me
for not going any further then getting Sabre's CD and I told him he's doing
more good for people and the
 breed by having Sabre do therapy work.  Not everyone has the desire to show in
breed or compete in performance events, but sometimes if you just spend a few
minutes talking to a person and helping them out, they just might surprise you
with what they can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDzwJKXPUGo

Kim Roman
Colerbe German Shepherds