[ SHOWGSD-L ] What a fun match

  • From: Mary Tripp <mtripp4113@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@freelists org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 21:49:53 -0600

The German Shepherd Dog Club of Austin had a great fun match
today.  We had an abundance of Kids from 7 years and up.  As we ran
out of handlers, we just grabbed the next kid and sent them into the
ring.  Trevor and Mason were holding junior training before during
and after the show. The kids were amazing.  Several of them looked
like they had been doing it for a long time.

Due to high gusting winds, we had to use the kids as the "posts" to
hold the rally cards.
Due to a snafu with the trailer, we had to make the cards for the
rally demonstration - very late night - Mary Golden had not had the
time to lay out the full course so the boy with the left turn would
hold up the sign until the dog and handler had passed and then ran
down to the next left turn and finally the third.

Even Carol Moore's grandson Conner was a "post" and held still for
the whole time.

It was great fun and there was a lot of good humored ribbing going on.

Thanks to our judge Lyn Goswick on her first judging
assignment.  Texas may have some more top notch Juniors coming up!

Mary Tripp

Mary Tripp         Mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.tripphill.com
TRIPPHILL KENNELS, H 512-267-2104
Home of Naked Care!   www.makitnmetal.com  Custom metal art for the
dog fancy
President GSDC of Austin    25 year member GSDC of America