[ SHOWGSD-L ] What a difference a day makes and Juniors

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:37:50 EDT

Hi All,
What a fun day and the Los Angeles specialty.  Ok, it was a bit cold this
morning but the dogs love it. So do I, being a Minnesota girl.  As the
Obedience
Chair, I was a bit tied up but was able to get away and double my boy,
Fairhope's Pit Boss (CH Backacher's Ruggiero v Milo x Fairhope's Firedance v
Jarnan)
to a 4th in Open dogs.  I was happy as the quality of the dogs in this class
was awesome.  Boss was expertly handled by Eric Norby.

Then, my girl War Crys' Charm, was awesome in obedience, Nov B, and was first
in her class.  Charm finally broke into the 190's with a 191 1/2 of a total
of 200 points.  The obedience Judge was Shirley Indelicato.  Shirley is always
a joy to work with and show under.  A quick side note on this.  Many moons
ago, when I was in Labs, I came to CA with one of my girls to show in
conformation and obedience.  Shirley was the first CA obedience judge I ever
showed
under.  I don't think she's changed a bit since 1982.  Oh, and this same Lab
finished that weekend.  How cool is that?

Then it was time for bitches.  In the 9-12 puupy class, my baby, Treasure
Ranch's Layla v Milo (Fairhope's Pit Boss x Milo's Here Comes Trouble) earned a
1st place.  Layla was handled by Junior Handler, Miss Jessica Baldwin.  Jessica
did a wonderful job with this handful of a pup.

I have mentioned Jessica in the past but for those who don't remember,
Jessica has been showing a Collie in Juniors.  She was invited to Eukanuba this
year
with her wins in Juniors with her Collie.  She has a wonderful hand with the
dogs and loves the GSD's.  She has shown my Maggie and even Boss in the past.
I wish I had more dogs for her to show as she will be an awesome GSD handler
in the future.  We sure do needs kids like this.

Thank you Mr Robert Drescher for taking a look at my kids today.

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/