[ SHOWGSD-L ] What a difference a day makes.............

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:06:49 EDT

Went to a small show in Colorado today, and as I had decided that I wasn't
going to show for a while, just went to watch.    WHAT FUN!   I was going to
say
there were no pro handlers, but I was told there was one.   (Nope, don't know
who she was).   There were owner/handlers, juniors, young owners, older
owners, pups and oldsters.   And the judge was kind and deliberate with all of
them.

So what difference does a day make?

I had person after person come up to me and tell me what a rude, insulting,
awful person the judge the day before was.   Not just one disgruntled person,
but almost everybody there!!!!    This judge said out loud that this was the
worst group of Shepherds that she had ever judged, that the juniors shouldn't
be
in the ring, had one little junior in tears with rude, rude comments, got all
over one woman who was taking her pup in the ring for the 3rd time in either
her or her pup's life!   This judge said nastily, out loud again, that there
wasn't a dog there that would protect anybody.   When she yanked the mouths
open, she pinched the muzzle, messing up on VERY sound dog to the point she
excused him.     She rolled her eyes as she walked away from one poor lady,
disparagingly, putting a disgusted look on her face.

I didn't know this as I was introducing myself to people that had dogs in tow
that I had never seen before.   The one VERY novice lady said that she was
sure glad that she was meeting some nice people outside the ring, because her
experience   in the ring had been so bad the day before, she was considering
never coming back.

OKay, the kids were nervous, the pups were misbehaving, (geesh, they were
having fun!), and it was just a little show.   BUT!    WHAT NERVE OF THAT
JUDGE!
 What a statement to the GSD owners that their kids aren't worthy of being in
the ring, that owner handlers aren't to be in the ring.   WHAT NERVE!

Hopefully, the exhibitors did go to the sup't. and AKC tables and put in a
protest.   They told me that they were go to do that.   And hopefully, the
juniors (really neat little handlers!) will just shake this off and go on
handling.

Stormy

Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!