[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What a Night Update

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:51:06 -0400

Charm and I met with Geri for coffee this am.? What a brave girl.? I have more
questions than answers but that is not my role this time.? She had no problem
telling me what happened? Geri went to one of our local guilty?fast food
pleasures (Cupid's Hot Dogs) after spending the evening at the library.??She
said she felt safe as Cupid's is across the street from Campus and?in direct
eyesight of the?Campus?guard shack.? She was walking back to campus?when the
suspect pulled alongside her and?asked if she wanted a ride.? She said No and
continued walking.? He got out of the car and grabbed her arm, turning her
toward the car and covering her mouth.? He forced her into the car and took
off.??She started screaming and he hit her hard enough for her to black out for
a minute.? When she came to, his right hand was?gripping her throat as he
drove.? Geri had no clue where they were and at one point saw a police car.?
She took a chance and twisted away from him, hitting the window and t
 rying to get the officer's attention.? The windows were tinted so?they didn't
see her and?his hand was still on her throat so she couldn't scream for help.?
That is when he made the turn onto my street away from the patrol car.? He
stopped (in front of my house) and hit her several?times.? He had to release
her throat to do this and that is when I heard the scream.? The dogs heard the
struggle before I heard the scream.? She said she heard the dogs barking and
was hoping someone was home.? She felt it was her only chance to get away as
the car was stopped.? She thought he was going to kill her if she didn't
escape.? The police stopped?him?almost right outside the Police Station door
about a mile from my house.? He obviously didn't know the area.??
Anyway, Geri has bruises on her arms, throat and face.? Some are pretty bad.?
She went to?classes on Thurs, got her assignments and?took yesterday off.? She
has a great attitude, saying she will never be that naive again.? Emotionally,
she is in her angry phase and that is a good thing.? She isn't being a victim,
she's ready to fight this guy.? She thinks the guy is a predator and has done
this before.? She said he is a clean cut guy in a nice car and?some girls
wouldn't think twice about accepting a ride from him.? He is?in his late
20's/early 30's so she doesn't think he is a student.? I have sooo many
questions................

Had to share about this brave young woman.? Somehow she kept her wits about
her?knew what she had to do to survive.? I have no doubt that she will be an
awesome witness on the stand.? Charm and I have a new friend :-)? She knows we
will be there for her in court and if she wants to talk.? Hopefully, this will
get on the?News and they will find more victims and put this guy away for
life.??