[ SHOWGSD-L ] What I sent to our Board, National Photogs

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:29:07 -0300

I understand a decision was made for the National photographers....
NO NOT AMY, NOT MICHAEL AND SHARON WHO ARE GSD PEOPLE AND
KNOWLEDGABLE..... OF COURSE NOT......
IT WENT TO AN AM STAFF BREEDER......I have seen some of the
photos from Beaumont of the "moving " shots.....they reflect the photogs
LACK of skill and
knowledge in capturing GSDs.   GSDs are not that easy to shoot, moving or
stacked
and this was glaringly obvious.
The stacked shots are "all breedish" with all parties standing and shot from
too far away.
again IMHO.
Here is the link: http://www.saranugent.com/events.html
Someone please explain this, because I am MORE than disappointed in this
decision
Ridiculous, by my estimation.
I am disappointed for Sharon and Michael Avery and Amy Murkland....I am more
disappointed
in the decision to completely shut out a GSD person YET AGAIN.
    Maybe we should be allowed to vote on photogs in the
future?  Our show chair, (regardless of who holds the postition)  should NOT
have sole descretion in this decision,
they certainly don't at any regular specialty, so why here for our biggest
show of the year?  At the very least, the
MEMBERSHIP should have input and be aware of all potential 'players" that
may be asked to take National photographs.
I would bet that the MEMBERSHIP never heard of this person as a potential
candidate, nor was the MEMBERSHIP
ever once considered in
their collective ideas, and desires....this seems to be a pattern of late.
Regards,
Kathy Tank
--
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com