[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What I saw

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:25:51 -0700 (PDT)

At least in Roy Bean's Court there was leadership. he,he, times were rough and
action swift. Morgan
carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Yikes !!!!! This is indeed
scary! Was this voted upon ? If so,
are we going to find out exactly who voted for specific actions ? Did
anyone instigate legal methods to by-pass the by-laws ? It's beginning
to sound much like Roy Bean's court.
Carolyn
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote: This weekend I saw the culmination of a very dangerous
situation. I do not
know the results of Margy's situation, so this is written without knowing how
it came out. It is the precedent that worries me.

In the GSDCA and the WDA it was decided that if charges are brought, and if
they would be prejudicial to the club if sustained, then the person is
suspended pending the hearing and decision. This is not only for members, but
evidently officers and directors we have elected. That person cannot take part
in the discussions or the decisions. In the current situation it was the
president of the WDA and the secretary of the GSDCA. In the WDA the proper
procedure was followed, the money paid and charges brought. In the GSDCA, no
one
paid the fee, or filed charges, but the matter went forward anyway.

That means if I were to now charge Lew with conducting dog fights, the
executive committee would have to find it prejudicial if upheld, and he would
be
removed as our president until the hearing, and cannot lead the hearing or
vote on the charges. This is not only wrong, it is dangerous. And, no, Lew
would never conduct dog fights. I used that as an example of a way to remove a
sitting president or another officer if you don't like what they are doing.

When they impeached President Clinton, he was not removed from office
pending the decision. We, the GSDCA and the WDA have now taken a dangerous
turn,
one that well could end the clubs. If either Margy or Ken decide to sue, it is
very possible that a court would enjoin the clubs from functioning until it is
decided, another terrible situation. I have no idea what they each intend
to do, I doubt they have made up their minds at this time.

We need to address this, and we need to amend out by-laws to make it clear
what the club should do. We need a way to protect our elected officials from
each other, some thing no one ever thought was needed. We also need to return
to the limitations on missed meetings. Margy was charged with missing too
many meetings. We used to have a limit in the by-laws, but it was taken out.
Yet, here she is, being charged with it, when we specifically removed the
limit in the past. Perhaps we need to say if you miss two meeting you are
removed from the board, or we need to make it clear we are not going to do that.

I am writing this to the List so that those who are members of these clubs
can consider it carefully when electing new board members. Also, so we can urge
caution in the future, and consider these sort of situations if they come
up. We need to amend our by-laws if we want to punish certain actions, and to
strengthen them to avoid this type of interpretation.

I have strong opinions on what was done, and what is going on. But, that is
only my opinion. I do not intend to take any action against the clubs, and
would not do so. I hope Ken and Margy feel the same, but that is up to them.
We, the rest of the club have to work hard to bring into this organization
the right people to avoid more of this sort of potential problems in the
future.

Evan (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and
lay it on us.

Morgan and His Angels
  Precious, OFA
  Princess, CGC, TDI OFA H/E, Thyroid, Cardiac