[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What I have said for years now

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:17:39 -0700 (PDT)

 OK....what you fail or refuse to understand, Theresa, is that in the length
of time since the German dogs were brought in and today's dogs the type between
both countries has become too diversified to put back together.
The German's have no desire to do so for many reasons and while many, many,
American breeders have tried the results have not been that successful. Spotty
at best.
A few breeders imported some gorgeous Alsatian's from England in the 70's but
the quarantines and costs shut this down.
In this day and age and economy and zoning and insurance restrictions,I doubt
that kennels of the size to keep and test breed offspring from these crosses
even exist.
Every breed of dog has a country of origin and it is up to the breeder, no
matter where in te world they live, to improve upon that original animal for
the good of the breed.

Joan F. Fox
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023