[ SHOWGSD-L ] What Goes Around Comes Around

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:43:29 GMT

Had to share a little story with you all.  Those that know me know how r=
eclusive I am, so much so that I built this house in 1989 and still know=
 NONE of my neighbors!
 =

When I went out to get my mail today, a little brown, dachshund-mix bitc=
h puppy came running to me and leaped into my arms.  She licked me to pi=
eces.  I called the local rescue, and they were filled up, as usual.  I =
took her to my vet to scan for a microchip, to no avail.  I put a sign o=
n the mail boxes and got a phone call 1/2 hour later.  Two rather rough/=
tough-looking teenage boys, who looked vaguely familiar, came to my door=
 and Belle was wiggling with glee when she saw them.  They thanked me he=
artily and started down my walk.  I started to close the door, then call=
ed them back and asked them if they lived at the house a couple of doors=
 down from me.  They said they did.  I asked if they were the ones who h=
elped me, and as I said it, so did the bigger of the two, helped me put =
Diana in the car when she was dying.  They were the unknown neighbors I =
ran to when I couldn't comfortably and carefully lift Di into my car tha=
t last, fateful day.  They were so helpful and compassionate that day th=
at they eased my pain more than they could ever realize.  =

I told them that Diana did die that day.  They said how sorry they were =
to hear that, and the older of the two, who looks the toughest of the tw=
o, ran back to me and grabbed my right hand in both of his and shook it,=
 saying that they were so thankful I found their pup.  I said that I was=
 so very happy to have been the one to help them, as they had helped me =
on that horrible March 16th.

Harley went to herding class with Jerry Stewart today.  =

The heat wave may just be letting up.

As Evan would say: Life is good.

Paula, 131 days and counting

Summer Spa Sweepstakes
Enter for your chance to WIN a Summer Spa Vacation!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/JKFkuJkEPzzNnEmbQCjxtJhun=
OBE9DOzPjcPrwxUBWcigWdpSmpj5c/