[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What Are We Willing To Give UP

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, fk.fasano@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 17:16:19 EDT

We do get detailed reports on the National, Review, Futurities,  etc.  I
have asked Nadine to send the quarterly financials to the web site  to be put
up behind the wall.  Nadine is very busy right now (she works  full time) so
I'm not sure when she will get that done.

Carolyn - as a Board member, you used to receive that big quarterly report
at each Board meeting.

Tish

In a message dated 8/8/2011 2:04:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Kris is  right.
Everyone is willing to give up something as long as it does not  affect the
part THEY want!
Many seem willing to throw out the  Futurities...many seem to want to close
the door for outside
dogs coming in  to show in a certain Region of the Futurities.....or cut
back how many....and  I'm
never sure how this saves money....<G>....Some don't even think  we should
have a National!??

*  II really think that  IF the Board or Show Chair would give a complete
open report on exactly  where
the expenses for the National are.....from sod to seating.....Herding  to
Rally....Victory Dinners to
Hot Dog stands.....entry fees to streaming  video....available to the
entire membership in a complete
and separate  report......we could at least have a discussion with some
intelligence about  where the
money went and which National made money or lost money and  possibly have
some reasonable input.
I have never understood why the  BIGGEST expense or money maker for our
Club does not have a
separate and  complete detailed Treasury report for us to see.     Sure
would  save arguments....and
give us all some idea of where the money goes and  where we can cut
back......and why.  <G>

*  One  thing mentioned periodically is outside Nationals.....I have no
problem with  it.    Thousands go to
Europe to watch DAYS of outside venue with  no complaining.     Yet
here....we seem to think sitting  in
nice temperature controlled bleachers seems to be the REASON some  come.
Looking around....those
bleachers are almost empty at  our Nationals now........it might be time to
consider Nationals in Central  easy
to reach areas......with reasonable temperatures and at a reasonable  early
Fall time of year.   A thought....

*  If  ALL  the expenses and income for the Review were made clear and
available  to us all....we might be
able to clearly see the problems and where we are  willing to cut back or
spend more.

*  Expenses for all the  Parent Club Board meetings should be made
available to all of us.....as many  are
now of the opinion we do not need 19 Board members.
NOTHING should be unavailable and open for the membership to see .....from
the votes to the costs.
We should not have to inquire and look for it  buried in an annual report.

*  In our own Government.....while  they argue and discuss our budget
.....I am more than positive we might
be  appalled at exactly where our money is actually being spent and easily
see  where we could all cut back
and  could actually spend more for more  efficiency.     This Club in a
much smaller way....but with  just about
as much interest and passion.......IS our money!!!    Right now...most of
us bring up points for discussion, or
even for a point  of argument and really have NO idea how much the last
National cost.....nor  how much
the last Board meeting cost......as compared to the Board meeting
before.....or National before....?

Lets 'give up'  some REAL  information and open debate and costs and income
and balances for the
membership to see quickly and easily.    IMO that is one way to  solve some
of the problems and
complaining and  misunderstandings......

Carolyn     marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

fk.fasano@xxxxxxxxx  writes:

There is one pot of gold, well maybe more like silver now,  and  everyone
wants to spend it
on their pet projects, without regard  for the  overall picture.
Like I said a mini congress with similar  over spending which  will drive
us into the ground.
If I was going to  run a company I would first  look to see what generates
for where my main  income.
I would preserve  that before I did anything else, then  look to fix where
there are areas of  losses to
stop  them.   Correct me if I am wrong but we have lost big money on   the
past three Nationals.
So if we take the money from the futurities,  where  we do make money and
put it in the National it's
fixed,  right?   Wrong.
We  need to look to stopping the bleeding  at our National and not bring
the  futurities down with the
National.  Kris not Frank

*****

This  is why I am behind Kris and Frank.  I know this is Kris talking  but
it is so much behind what our
problems are, that everyone should read   it. I have spoken to Frank, and
this is how he thinks too.
We   need more on our board that understand that while we remain a club for
 the  members, if we
don't deal with and handle the finances, there  will be no  club.

If we lose money every year on the national,  either fix it, accept it as a
 loss for the club and plan on it,
or  stop doing it. We can't just keep looking  to make more money.
We  need to ask, "Why are we losing money, what can be done about it, how
can we help, and were are
the problems"?  Is it too much spending, is  it  not charging enough, or is
it a combination of that?
Losing money  should  not be acceptable.

Evan   Ginsburg

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.