[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wet mover?

  • From: "DIR" <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:23:34 -0500

Yup Melissa you got it.  I would rather have gorgeious male puppy that was
"wet" as a youngster but has the reach,drive,top line but could be all over
the place in his young age.  Those "wet" ones usually end up at18 to24
months getting it all together--coordination gets better and they muscle up
the older they get.  They are usually the ones with the ELASTIC movement.
They may not be ready until they are 3 years old---but they just keep
getting better.  While waiting for all this to happen is difficult this dog
will be the one you will show for a number of years.
The "dry/hard" puppy seems to be what he is at a young age and never gets
any better and sometimes declines in quality as he matures.  That is a true
heartbreaker. JMO  Sandi Card