[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Westminster

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:04:39 -0600

Unless you have put your hands on the Peke or know the Peke standard by heart,
why must we beat up the dog who won Westminster? He's a beautiful
representative of the breed - has a correct head (not common in that breed), a
very correct body and can actually move.. These reviews come from Peke
breeders, who are very successful in the breed and often critical of other
breeders dogs.

Just because a dog put on a great performance, doesn't mean the dog is a great
dog.. And a great performance for a Dobe, a Dal or a GSD is completely
different then a great performance from a Peke.

I was very happy to see the Dal and the GSD out there... Do I like both dogs?
Yes.. Would I have been happy had they gone Best In Show at the Garden -
ABSOLUTELY.. HOWEVER, they are not perfect dogs either and on this particular
day, the judge decided the Peke was the best dog.

Instead of complaining about the Peke (which is rude - and of whom you probably
know nothing about the breed standard), why not explain why you think the other
dogs are better - and not just performance - that's easy to see..

Think outside the box.............

Congratulations to all the winners and especially the Westminster BIS dog and
my beloved Dal and GSD...

JMHO....

Jessica MacMillan

No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC