[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: West location

  • From: Lew <lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:34:27 -0700

Hello one and all,

All of the messages from me come from my lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx email address. It is as easy to look up at the header as it is to look down at a signature.

After doing email for forty years I have learned to look at the header if I care about the source of a mail.

I just did a survey of the last  fifteen messages sent on this list:

5 had just first name
5 had first and last name
5 had neither a first or last name

Seems the people who don't sign their messages at all should be the ones causing the most confusion as you can only tell who wrote it by looking at the header of their messages.

The ones only putting their first name also require looking at the header to see who they are.

Should I have to put down my first and last name when only 1/3 of the people do that? I can't be the only one with a duplicate first name on here.

Lew (not Bunch nor Alcindor)

I’m guessing Lew James?