[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: West Coast National ] Re: Is the list DEAD?

  • From: "HessenGSD" <Peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <foxtrotgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 16:14:30 -0700

You also have a couple of great herding facilities within an hour drive in
the San Francisco Bay Area.

Peg Graham - http://HessenGSD.com <http://hessengsd.com/>

Home of Multiple BISS, Pacific Coast Victrix, 2012 #8 GSD in USA, 2014 #4
GSD in CA, GCH CH Mariner's Akaya RN HSAs "MOTO"

"May I always be the kind of person my dogs think I am."

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:35:25 -0700
From: foxtrotgsd@xxxxxxxxx
CC: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with that sentiment!! This last weekend, I was at the GSDC of
Greater Eugene shows held in the gorgeous park next to the Fairgrounds.
Stayed in the Comfort Inn Suites (was the host hotel for the 2004 National).
It is still a great hotel and there is now a fabulous new restaurant located
just between the Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn Express called the Cascade
Bar and Grill. We took the judges there for the after show meal and everyone
raved about the food (especially the salmon)!

I know for a fact that the City of Albany and the Linn County Fairgrounds
would LOVE to have us back!

Kathy Martin

Foxtrot GSD

foxtrotgsd@xxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Kathryn Springer
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From what I have "heard" a location in Arizona has not been found and "they"
say California is too expensive and no one from the West Coast has come
forth with any locations for the show chair to check out. Don't know if this
is all true.....Just what I have been told.

Personally, I would be very happy to go back to the Oregon location where we
previously have had a National. Very nice location and two good hotels right
across the parking lot.

Maybe this will start some discussion!!!

Kay Springer, Showboat Shepherds
showgsd@xxxxxxx
Sent from my Kindle Fire

dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
No .... and neither am I!

Everyone seems to want that instant gratification of facebook............and
thank heavens the admin don't permit us sharing everything of our day
including what one had for lunch. Funny....someone on a talk show just said
we live in the "post everything" world now.........no thanks.

I know everyone still is lurking out there and waiting to jump in on a good
topic.

Remember the list is us and we are it...........its what you make it.

I don't want to jump in that white issue problem again nor the food war
(although I read an interesting article about it the other day, not
necessarily positive, sorry) but am anxious to hear what the show chair has
come up with (July board meeting coming up) for a west coast national in
2017. suppose to be looking in AZ and Calif from what I heard of the last
board meeting.

On a personal note, I must day I think the dogs are truly loving days in the
high 70's, nights in the low 60's instead of months of 90-100 degree
weather. There is a trade off for those winters..........ahhhhhh! LOL

Molly

Trillia GSD's since 1972 bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx

Member GSDCC, GSDCA, Life member CKC