[ SHOWGSD-L ] Welfare vs Rights... LONG

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:52:35 -0400

Barb and all...

I'll try to explain. Ask questions afterwards if you have any... the SHORT
answer is, Animal welfare celebrates the bond between animals and humans;
animal rights wants to sever that bond.

To elaborate further...

Animal welfare grows and improves as we learn more and more about animals,
their behavior, and their management. Animal rights remains stagnant with
its dogma of ?no more animal use ever.?

Animal welfare is inclusive; its belief in stewardship of species and
individual animals embraces a human connection to the Earth through
interaction with animals. Animal rights is divisive; by separating the
destiny of man from the destiny of animals, the movement shows it cares
nothing for the Earth, or more particularly Humans.

Animal welfare makes room for a broad spectrum of animal relationships that
include raising and using animals for food, fiber, labor, and medical and
behavioral research; managing animal populations by hunting; keeping animals
in zoos and other educational venues; and enjoying animal sports and animals
in movies, circuses, and on stage.

Animal rights opposes all traditional relationships with animals, from
eating meat and wearing leather and wool to biomedical research, pet
ownership, dog and cat breeding, circuses, zoos, hunting, trapping,
ranching, fishing, and learning about animals by hands-on experience. They
even oppose the use of Service Dogs.

Animal welfare requires humane treatment of animals on farms and ranches, in
circuses and rodeos, and in homes, kennels, catteries, laboratories, and
wherever else animals are kept. Animal welfare endorses a quick death when
death is inevitable and a scientific approach to commercial use and
management of wild populations.

Animal rights works for the day when we will have no interactions with
animals but will view them from afar.

In short, animal welfare works to enrich and celebrate human/animal
interactions in an atmosphere of concern for animal well-being; animal
rights yearns for the day when human life will be impoverished because we
can no longer enjoy the company of non-human animals.

The ARistas definitely do NOT hide their no animal use and no companion
animal agenda.    Look at the PETA website (www.peta.org) and type in in the
Search window, No Birth
Nation, to read 25 articles on PETA's (and other AR
organizations')well-publicized agenda of no more breeding of any animals. As
for the evolutionary humane movement,
the ARistas piggybacked on the original animal welfare or humane movement.
You should read Patti and Rod Strand's Hijacking the Humane Movement.

Those of us who wish to preserve our rights and privileges with respect to
owning and breeding companion animals or eating meat or visiting zoos or
curing Alzheimer's disease or whatever else you consider benevolent or
benign uses of animals cannot
afford to be picky about whom we align with in our ongoing fight to
extinguish the whole A.R. movement before it legislates us as animal owners
and users out of existence.  The ARistas would like nothing better than
seeing the rest of us divided over uses and ownership of animals, because
divided we fall.

Along with RALEEF and smaller local groups there is NAIA. The National
Animal Interest Alliance. Founded and run by Patti Strand and her husband.

The confusion arises in that the ARistas are MASTERS of incrimentalism.
They'll propose little things that SOUND good.. like for instance the
anti-tethering laws... but the devil is in the details. There ARE humane
ways to tether an animal, even if it isn't how WE would keep our dogs. Just
because we wouldn't do it is not a reason to outlaw something.

So, you may be asking yourself, why do I care? Because terrorists always
start with small targets. Before Al Quaeda blew up the World Trade Center
buildings, they attacked the USS Cole and a couple of embassies in Africa.
Before the animal rights terrorists can ban dog breeding, they're going to
practice their skills on fois gras. And fur farmers. And trappers. And pig
farmers. And "pit bulls." And so forth.

So what can you do? Send the following to your local council members, state
and federal representatives and senators...

"I am a breeder/owner of purebred dogs. I will vote against any legislator
who takes advice on animal issues from organizations dedicated to the
abolition of domestic animals."

Remember you're going into battle. Reread the speeches of Winston Churchill
and remind yourself of what it means to be defending your way of life.
Because our enemy is really that committed, because our way of life is
really what's at stake, and because we stand to lose our freedom.

When, if ever, we win the war,  THEN we can start fine-tuning (quibbling?)
about appropriate or inappropriate uses of animals. Meantime, to quote
Malcolm X, "by any means necessary...."

Winston Churchill..... "You ask, what is our policy?  I can say: It is to
wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength
that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never
surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our
policy.
        "You ask, what is our aim?  I can answer in one word:  It is victory,
victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long
and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Never underestimate the ability of the hypocritical to hoodwink the
sanctimonious. www.rihadin.com <http://www.rihadin.com>

-----