[ SHOWGSD-L ] Welcome to Long Beach

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:26:22 -0500

The AKC's shining accomplishment if one is to believe them.
Many moons ago, so long ago noone seems to recall when, Long Beach passed a
total ban on breeding dogs.  Now, we all know this had absolutely NO effect
at all on ANY 'problems' real or percieved. But there it sat.

Along comes AKC, in partnership with Eukanuba, to dream up the "shining
star" of dog shows.  The AKC/Eukanuba Invitational.  Full TV coverage to
boot.  Therein is the rub... NATIONAL television coverage.  Everyone,
including officials of Long Beach was happy!

But someone says, hey wait a minute.... Long Beach doesn't allow breeding!
So AKC "bargains" with the city, telling them fix this or we'll take our 4 +
million dollars elsewhere.

So the "fix" was passed.... mostly behind closed doors, and in doing so went
from bad to worse.  Now Long Beach totally bans ALL cat breeding (yea right,
tell that to the feral cats), in addition to the onerous fees (read TAX) for
being "allowed" to occassional breed dogs. Background checks before being
allowed to breed. Mandatory micochipping,

But you have to read the details of the law passed in Long Beach, a law btw
that AKC heartily endorsed, to find out how really bad this law is.

You can read the whole sick thing here http://www.hautedogs.org/laws.html

Enjoy, or not...

Ginger Cleary
He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from
opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach himself.  ~Thomas Paine
My Ebay site
Rome, GA http://www.rihadin.com/