[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Welcome back home, little Duke

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:39:57 EST

such a sad story but sounds like duke was a blessing for these  people.
and thank you, ileana, for being there for duke and making his  golden years
happy ones.  THIS is what responsible breeders do!
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 3/13/2010 8:37:20 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

For over  10 years we have  exchanged Christmas cards, emails, phone calls
and  general pleasantries with a  gentleman who purchased a puppy from us
that
long ago.

A few years back his wife and  adult daughter  were in a car crash, the
wife
died and his daughter became  severely  handicapped.  I remember that years
Christmas card and how sad  it  was to read about his loss, but then he
went
on to share how Duke  (who was a  mama's boy) became his best friend and
how
they grieved  together,  all the  while he was hoping to be the owner the
dog
deserved.

Last nite I received a call,  this nice guy passed  away on Wednesday.
Needless to say, the daughter is  not  equipped to care for Duke.  So Duke
is
coming home to spend the rest  of  his life with us. I am glad that they
reached
out to us, and we  are excited  to have the old guy home. He was always a
very  easygoing, calm pup, and it  appears he still is.

Maybe he can  teach manners to  his new house  mates.....<G>

Ileana

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org