[ SHOWGSD-L ] Weighted vs one vote

  • From: "Oak&Carrie Smith" <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:40:12 -0700

We don't vote directly for the president. Your vote determines how many of
the votes in
> your states electoral college that person gets. All of the states
> electoral colleges meet and those people actually vote for the president.
>
> Diane
How true, how true.
If popular vote decided who would be president Al Gore beat George Bush by
almost 2 million votes.

That said I thought John's original premise about voting for Judges was a
good one, and would more accurately reflect who people wanted to judge.
(Weighted vs. One Vote)

No matter who judges however it is only that Judges opinion on that given
moment on that day.  I like to go to nationals not because it is a winner
take all but is spite of that, because it is a showcase for breeders to show
what they have.  I would have picked someone else to be GV this year than
Barbra picked, but no one cared about what I thought. That is except me who
got to see some of the finest GSD's in this country as well as Canada
compete. And I got to see who I thought would best help our breeding program
with the bitches we have.  So no matter how Judges are elected Carrie and I
will be there, showing if we can, observing all we can, and planning on how
we can improve our lines.

Thing is I didn't see a single GSD that I didn't like. Not to say I wanted
to breed to them, but I truly, honestly loved them all.
:{)

Oak
Carrie & Oak Smith
Oak Ridge German Shepherds