[ SHOWGSD-L ] Weeping Willow

  • From: SARAVAGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 13:34:26 EDT

Hello Lister Friends

Its been a while since I've sent an update but first I want to thank LHSH
for working hard with Timberwolf for their donation of food !!  This will
go so far and will help with the numerous expenses that are occuring with the
 seniors here at the Sanctuary.  Unfortunately with the price of gas we
have  to beg again so that we can pick it up.  Shipping would have been over
$500  which we could not afford.  Joe Maringo, our board member, is renting a
truck and "truckin" out to the Philadelphia area to pick it up for us but
the  gas (almost $4/gal here) will wipe us out.  LHSH has donated the first
$50  for our "gas piggy" (literally-LOL) and hopefully we will get a few more
 donations to help fund the "gas pig" to get this wonderful food for our 15
 seniors in our care.

Medical expenses never end; we have Yvonne who is almost blind from
advanced dry eye whose meds are running up to $60+ a month; there is Gary who
is
HW positive and is starting the "pre-treatment" before the major treatment;
Jessie, a 12 year old, had a major workup for possible kidney disease but
it was  worth the money to find out she is OK--just an old gal that likes to
drink  water; Suzy is a 14 year old here who was beginning to cry and wimper
a  lot....blood work was OK but xrays showed that her spine is almost
totally fused  together from arthritis...she is now on high doses of medication
to give her  some relief and seems to be responding well....and bless his
heart our "old  Tripper"...the first GSD to the sanctuary from a hoarding
situation of 160 dogs,  him being the only GSD...severe ear problems, deaf,
gets
around slowly and  enjoys his food, water, orthopedic bed and slow walks at
HIS pace around the  kennel yard.  He is on thyroid meds and high doses of
glucosomine and  tramadol.  These are just a few of the seniors that will
benefit  from YOUR generosity with helping with gas or however you want to help
and  the generous donations of LHSH, Timberwolf, our wonderful Board of
Directors,  and AGSRA with grant funding.

May you all have a blessed Holiday

Pat Lukos _www.saravagsd.com_ (http://www.saravagsd.com/)
Weeping Willow 2nd  Chance German Shepherd Sanctuary
_http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/_
(http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/)