[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: We need to help

  • From: Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:08:04 -0400 (EDT)

Not to worry Evan.  As I understood the discussion, the reimbursement
of the Board members would absolutely cover ALL expenses and no
new member would be excluded because of inability to serve due to
expense.  Instead, the meetings would be scaled down to accommodate
the costs of the meeting itself so that the check would cover all of the costs.

In other words, no one will have to worry about inability to serve as a
Director due to fear of out-of-pocket expenditures during their term.
Instead, the reimbursements will adjust to cover costs realistically with
emphasis on budget flights and budget hotels.  Cost saving plans are
going into effect but not at the cost of good people.

We have some great people out there and I hope they volunteer!
Helen Franklin

van L.  Ginsburg
sgard German Shepherds
ttp://www.asgardgsd.com/
here Type Movement and  Temperament come  together

n a message dated 4/30/12 8:33:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

s  to expenses, I still think that one or two e-meetings a year would also
e  effective, but then, what do I know? But the expenses paid to board
embers for the meetings should not be reduced. I worked for General
otors
n my younger life, back in the day, and their per diem and travel
xpenses
ere much greater in the 70's than ours is  today.
f course, General Motors went Bankrupt, and the Federal Government bailed
hem out.  As much as I love America, I doubt this congress would vote to
dvance any funds to the GSDCA.

ut  the number of members, but don't make it too hard on those who do
erve.
veryone has to cut these days, with the exception of congress and the
hite
ouse.
 did agree and argued against cutting the board payments to those who
an't afford to serve, due to so many being unable to afford it.  I  remember
oard members sharing a room, and when I was serving I always had to  spend
t least $300.00 each meeting over what the club paid. But, times are
ifferent now.

 have heard from some who seem to know, and some who are on the board as
ell, that we are committed to a lot of money for the Centennial.  I  don't
now what sponsors we have, but the last I heard, we didn't have any. I
on't know where the money will come from, since our treasury is so limited
ow.  We have less than 1/2 of what our accountants say we should have, (one
ear's  budget in reserve).

nyone who has idea how to help Frank and this board survive this financial
crisis, please let them know.  We are all trying to survive on our own,
nd  we may have to give up things, even showing dogs. That option should not
e  considered for the GSDCA.

OST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original
dministrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any
ost.
MANNER