[ SHOWGSD-L ] We have options

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:42:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/2006 9:56:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
shadara@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
When  voting for them you are somewhat giving
them your vote of trust to act  according to your beliefs but that does not
mean you should give up your  right to voice your opinion on their actions.

Trudy brings up a great point.  When we elect board members, we vote  for
people that either will respond to what we want them to do, or expressed the
intent to vote the same way we feel about issues when they asked for our  vote.

On the other side, board members can often get into the position  where they
feel they know best, and then vote for issues the way they feel is  best for
the club, the members and the breed.

Board members work very hard and dedicate themselves to our club.  We  should
recognize them for that, but we also have the right to question their
actions.  It does remain our club.  The board does represent us, but  we do not
have
to accept every thing they do.

On the other hand, we can't shoot them if we don't agree with them.   At
least not all of them.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together