[ SHOWGSD-L ] We are not surprised...not important? Not at all

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: mrstitanium@xxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:12:20 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/05 4:50:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mrstitanium@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I only  got 3 responses to my post.
I guess my name is not important enough for  people to read what I send.
No wonder the club is in  trouble.
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Running unopposed:
Pres:- Ken  Downing
V. Pres- David Landau
Directors- ( 2 years) Running unopposed
Region 1- Debbie Hokkanen ( also she is a training director) How can you
direct something you never did?
Region 2-Wayne Davis. Isn't he running for  the GSDCA Board also?
Region 3 Miriam Barkus
Region 4- La Mar  Frederick ( I believe he is also a training Director) Same
question!
Region 5 Joe Barry
Region 6- Russ Osburn
Region 7 Don Haseman
Region 8- Dorothy Linn-Has SCHh dogs?
Region 9- Tom Mesdag- Isn't he  on the GSDCA Board also? Does he get paid
twice?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Why am I not surprised by  this?

I didn't think the post called for a response, it was information. But, I
have been thinking, (shut up Paul) about this, and did want to respond.

It seems those willing to serve us, in some capacity remain willing to do
this. Those people are running for the WDA board to give of themselves and
their
 time to support an organization that they agree with or feel can gain by
their  work.  They don't get paid, (to cover the question of Tom), they don't
get
 a pat on the back, they get blamed for everything, and yet, they remain
willing.

I know recently there was a post complaining about how many people were
running for the board of the GSDCA. They seemed to think it was because of
dissatisfaction with the job being done. I don't agree, it seems more that
there
are a number of people willing to work for us, and serve on the board.   Now,
when there are but a few willing to do it for the WDA, it is implied that
somehow that is a bad thing.

Some people are of a mind to work hard, dedicate themselves to others, and
to give of their time. Those people, all who have been on our boards, and those
 now willing to serve need to be given our thanks, not our complaints. They
will  get enough complaints if elected.

I commend those people who are putting themselves on the line to help run
the WDA, and wonder why they do so, when all they get is blasted? Perhaps it is

the same dedication they have shown in the past when they served us on the
GSDCA?  I think so.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together