[ SHOWGSD-L ] We are family

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 22:16:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/2009 5:47:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
badbob_2003@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Guess I  am
to much from the old school, dog shows are for friends and fun,  ofcourse
we
all want to win.  The fun starts before, and ends after  the show.  Winning
is not everthing, but friendships ARE!  Gwad  I love this game.
Sorry this got so long.  It could have been much  longer.

We thought about showing under Dave, and decided it wasn't worth the risk
of someone getting upset.  When Dave and Jan bred a Patriot litter we kept
a puppy to co-own with them.

We did show on Sunday under Jennifer, and it held a major by being right on
 the points. Had we pulled, we would have broken the major.

I didn't think anyone in California would have bothered had we shown, that
is not how we enjoy our shows. There is a real closeness here, that I don't
see  everywhere else. It may be because the shows are plenty, and everyone
has bred  to everyone elses' dogs.  But whatever the reason, I love the
shows, the  people and the dogs. Maybe in that order.

I couldn't have been happier to see Twyla's bitch Pandamonium get BOB, or
Ken and Kathy's bitch take the points, or Colett's male win, or Peg's bitch
finish.  It was a great weekend, and great wins.  I would mention the
other winners, but you get the point.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/