[ SHOWGSD-L ] We all deserve a pat on our respective backs

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:41:29 EST

In a message dated 12/6/04 9:29:44 AM Pacific Standard Time, tho@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:
> This makes 2 GVs , 5 or 6 select dogs , 4 ROMS as well as several proven
> producers and lots of young promising boys  included in our fundraiser!!!!

It is time to mention the tremendous work done on this by Tammy. She seems to
have organized something to help one of our families, and in doing so not
only raising a lot of money, but giving value for what we give.  Often we send
check or reach out to help others, and here we are, working for a family that
needs a hand, but doing so by offering something of value.

Tammy contacted me to see what I would be willing to do. My first thought was
to send a check, and then I thought about Ben, and how we had decided not to
offer his frozen sperm publicly, since we had such a limited supply. This
seemed like such an easy way to offer something which will provide value to
someone who needs our help, at the time of the year when giving is or should be
so
much more meaningful.

I do, however, feel I am in a competition over some terrific dogs.  I see
brags on who is being offered, and I keep reading the posts to see what Ben is
going for. I remember him so fondly, and he holds such a special place in my
heart, that I am going to watch carefully to see if his next litter provides
the
joy and happiness so many of his pups have done for others.  It is important
to realize his son Mephisto is with Tammy, who started this program.

I am extra pleased to offer this for friends of Larry and Hazel Parks, who
are close friends of who we are trying to help.  They remain our great friends
as well.

I will watch with mixed feelings on who does get the highest bid on Ben, and
be a bit sad, because we have such limited straws available, but also pleased
that he will produce yet another litter.

Here at home I watch O'Connor floating around the run in back, and then see
Patriot standing so strong and majestic in the other run. There are five
O'Connor males out back, and in my mind, Ben stands and watches over them all.

Thanks, Tammy for asking me, and thanks to you all for being a part of
helping someone who needs our support.  Truly the best we can do at Christmas.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together