[ SHOWGSD-L ] We Were All Newbies...Once

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:23:15 -0700

Yes...even curmudgeons like Bob & Nadine Grady were newbies once. I think they
us when we began in dogs 25+ years ago. That number seems hard for me to
believe but it's been a great 25+.

I want to take a few increments of "band width" to extol the virtues of new
communication capabilities and how it can ease the problems of newbies and
oldies alike. While it draws some ire..."Da List" has proven to be an excellent
tool and one I wish we had been able to use in the beginning. Such tools can be
invaluable whether you're starting out or finishing up. Health, nutrition, and
just "good information" are available at a keystroke's heartbeat...and this is
good.

I actually look forward to turning my puter on every morning and hitting "read
mail". Not a day goes by that I don't learn something new and useful.

I also appreciate the ability to keep in close contact with good friends. Makes
me smile most days...and tears aren't bad on the few when the news is bad.

I do this post because of Lisa. She's on the RALEEF committee and is giving of
herself as are all of our members...and that is good. Her appreciation of all
the information she's able to obtain from you good people should not go
unreported.

Paul
Visit Rivendell on "Da Web" www.diablokp.com